Welcome to 39 Trophies - Arsenal community extraordinaire!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo

Nicolas N'koulou

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 50ShadesOfGinger

50ShadesOfGinger

Youth Player

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:26 PM

Hi Everyone,

I've noticed recently more and more talk linking Arsenal with Nicolas N'koulou. I live in Canada and my girlfriend is French Canadian so I spend a fair bit of time watching French football. Thought I'd share my opinion...

So who is he?

Well he is a centre back or defensive midfielder currently playing in Ligue 1 for Marseille. He is about 6" tall and a very strong physical player who is also quick with excellent stamina and decent in the air.

He has just turned 23 and has already racked up 38 caps for Cameroon.

The main reason he stands out is that he is fantastic on the ball for a defender. He is calm, composed and has excellent technique. Very much in the Arsenal / Barcelona mould but the exciting thing is that he has the physicality to back that up. For a youngster he is also clearly a very intelligent footballer, his positioning is excellent and he reads attackers very well.

Personally I'd play him as physical, defensive midfielder. In our system that'd be sitting alongside Arteta or Ramsey, in behind Wilshere, and dropping back between the centre backs when the full backs go forward.

He'd probably be worth £15-20m but Marseille have financial problems so probably £12-16m.

Here's a youtube clip: 

#2 Ix Techau

Ix Techau

Evil Mastermind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • LocationHighbury

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:17 PM

You had me at 6" tall. Is it this guy?

midget.jpeg

#3 Brad

Brad

Reserve Player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Locationkent

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:51 AM

I have a seen a bit of him and he does look decent but i would rather Arsenal bring in Ashley Williams

#4 actanön

actanön

First Team Sub

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:04 PM

I have a seen a bit of him and he does look decent but i would rather Arsenal bring in Ashley Williams

He can't play CDM, tho. This Nicolas looks decent, looks like that kind of player we really need.

#5 roundedsquare

roundedsquare

First Team Sub

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:09 PM

Got some l'OM friends who swear by him. Seem resigned to losing him as well, which might mean something... Haven't seen much of him, but I'll take the word of those watching him week in and week out I guess.

#6 Brad

Brad

Reserve Player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Locationkent

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:10 PM

He can't play CDM, tho. This Nicolas looks decent, looks like that kind of player we really need.

But i'm not talking about playing him as a CDM, I'm just talking about playing as CB as i know if we signed that N'koulou i know we would probably just play him CB not CDM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users